4 Days / 3 Nights Selingan, Sepilok, Sukau, Ox - Bow Lake, Gomantong Cave & Sandakan City Tour
Meet & greet by guide at hotel or airport and transfer to jetty. At 0930hrs, boat depart to turtle island . It takes about an hour to reach Selingan Island which lies 40km north of Sandakan in the Sulu Sea off Sabah's east coast. Selingan Island is the main nesting area for the green turtles. A day of relaxation for you to swim or snorkel at the island. After dinner, prepare to wait for the Park Ranger to inform us of the sighting of a turtle laying eggs. Learn about the conservation of these turtles; witness the collecting of eggs from the nesting site, planting them in the hatchery and see baby turtles scrambling to the open sea upon released on the shore. Overnight stay at the island chalet, room with attach bathroom.
* Meals Included: Lunch/Dinner
0630 hours check out, have breakfast and embark for another boat ride back to the mainland Sandakan. Proceed drive for about half an hour to Sepilok Orang-Utan Rehabilitation Centre where orphaned and injured Orang-Utan brought to Sepilok to be rehabilitated to return and fend for themselves back to the wild. Sepilok is a primary lowland forest, a fine showcase of Borneo's remaining rainforest. Witness the feeding of Orang-Utan from a platform in the forest and later watch the 25 minutes scheduled video documentary show. Drive for about 2.5hrs drive through rustic countryside studded with villages. Take a short boat transfer to Borneo Nature Lodge. Time for orientation, have lunch and check in. Relax by the river before embarking by boat up-river at 1600hrs along Sabah's longest river, Kinabatangan with opportunity to view wildlife and birds in its virgin rainforest habitat. Search for some of the primates species including the endemic Proboscis Monkeys as they settle down on treetops. Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the best places in Southeast Asia to observe wildlife. Overnight at Borneo Nature Lodge.
* Meals Included: Lunch & Dinner
- Wake up to the calls of birds, insects and animals. At 6.00am take a morning cruise up to The Kinabatangan River and onto Kelenanap Ox-Bow Lake for bird watching and in search of other wildlife. Take a short jungle walk (if weather permits) and experience the wilderness of Borneo before returning to the lodge for breakfast. Free at leisure to explore the surrounding areas or nearby village. In the evening, boat cruise along the river to see many species of flora and fauna of the rainforest and overnight stay at Borneo Nature Lodge.
* Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
* Note: Optional tours e.g. Night Cruise, Night Walk & Tree Planting can be arranged at the lodge with minimal rates depends on the weather condition
- Depart early morning and visit the Gomantong Cave, famed for its edible birds' nests. Take about 15 minutes boardwalk to the opening of SimudHitam cavern and explore the cave system on boardwalk. Return to Sandakan, stop for lunch at local restaurant. After lunch proceed for a city tour and explore the various landmarks of Sandakan like Central Market, the most amazing variety of fresh seafood and agricultural products, Sim-Sim Water Village where houses are all built close to the water surface while observing the fascinating view of the sea, visit PuhJihSyh Buddhist Temple which offers a panoramic view of Sandakan Bay situated on the hilltop of Tanah Merah. & continue the tour to Agnes Keith House where the book Land Below the Wind and White Man Returns were written in the house and today the house turned into a heritage house providing interesting insight to life during British North Borneo.After tour drop at hotel or airport.
* Meals Included: Breakfast & Lunch
TOUR WILL BE HANDLED BY LICENSE TOUR OPERATOR
BORNEO TRAILS TOURS & TRAVEL SDN BHD
(COMPANY NO. 641369-K ; KPL/LN : 3961)